A ductless heating and AC unit has been gaining popularity in customers that want to have control of specific temperature of rooms, or customers that do not have central air in their homes. They are sometimes referred to as split systems, mini splits systems, multi-split systems, or split-ductless systems.
Here are just some of the benefits of a Ductless Heating and Cooling System:
- They Offer Flexible Solutions
Traditional central air conditioning systems force cool and heated air through ducts. Whereas Ductless Heating and Cooling allows you to cool and heat different zones at a different temperature. They can be installed in virtually any time of home. Whether it be new or old construction, apartment or a home addition. They are a great, highly flexible, way to cool or heat your space.
- They Can Save You Money
The biggest reason to switch to a Ductless Heating and Cooling System is the overall cost savings. Utility costs have risen over the past few years. A way that some homeowners have combated this is by installing these Ductless Systems into their home. They allow you to create zones in your house and only cool or heat those zones when you are using it. The units are smaller than traditional forced-air systems and this allows those smaller areas to be more temperature-regulated.
Ideal Situations for a Ductless Heating and Cooling System:
- New Additions: Bonus Room, Sun Rooms, and Garage Apartments
- Downsizing Efforts for Larger Homes – Don’t cool rooms you aren’t using!
- Serving Multiple Needs Under One Roof – No more fighting over temperature
- Giving Support to a room with Heating/Cooling problems – That can’t be fixed with other methods
- Adding AC to a House with No Existing Ductwork- less expensive than adding ductwork to an existing house